Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tuesday Top Ten

I'm going to try to do a regular column on Tuesdays listing my "Top Ten" of various things. I don't have an internal clock at all (or an internal calendar for that matter), so this could prove challenging. I'm not good at narrowing things down to 'my number one favorite thing' either, so this will be a good exercise for me.

Today I've decided to do one on homeschooling. This is a subject that I love, so it will be easy for me. I think I'll do a separate post on what I'm glad I did in the past specifically another week.

10. My children get to eat healthier foods every day; and conversely, not be tempted by pop, chips and pizza every day.

9. My children get more sleep.

8. My children have many, many more hours to play.

7. My children get to spend much more time outdoors during the good daylight hours.

6. Because they are in a safe environment, they are able to indulge in their imaginations without fear of ridicule and without undue influence from others.

5. My children have gotten to experience more family life.

4. My children have been able to travel because they aren't tied to a school schedule.

3. We don't have to do traditional tests or exams.

2. We can get into deep discussions at any time of day on any subject we want and no one stops us to move on to another 'class' or tells us that it isn't on the syllabus. We can also stay up really late to have these discussions because my children can sleep in (see #9.)

1. My children and I have real and deep relationships. We know one another intimately because we spend more hours with each other than with anyone else outside our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment