Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Our First Happy Box arrived today!

I'm so excited about our venture into a CSA. Once a week, the folks at Fulton Farms Organics will deliver a bushel box full of organically grown fruits and veggies to our house. I'm glad to be supporting locally grown foods and keeping our money in the local economy. I'm eager to learn about new foods that I don't normally buy, and to learn how to fix them. This week we got lettuce, spinach, kale tat soi, green onion, green garlic, dill and cilantro, and a few other things. I made the yummiest salad out of the butter lettuce, dill and cilantro. I looked up the kale tat soi - one website said it is "a lovely, spicy little green." It also gave a recipe for roasting it and eating it crispy. I'm doing that tomorrow!



1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were going to do this! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete