Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A perfectly kept house is a sign of a misspent life

Perfectly Kept House is the Sign of A Misspent Life: How to live creatively with collections, clutter, work, kids, pets, art, etc... and stop worrying about everything being perfectly in its place. by Mary Randolph Carter

I just got this and love it. (No, I didn't buy it used for such a ridiculous price. I bought it new a local bookstore.)

When the author started talking about the "beauty of the imperfect life," I knew I had to have this book. It's full of homes (lived in by real people, and real children, and real animals) that will never make it into glossy home magazines. I don't admire the homes in glossy home magazines. I do admire these homes because the spirit of them is different.

The author writes: "order can be liberating as long as it's not artificial or rigid..."

Bryna said the other day, "I do like my room to be clean, but I don't want to put away all of my projects!"

I'm finding that the more creative we become, the more it shows in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment