Thursday, December 30, 2010

In Which We Have Trouble Being Sympathetic

My husband is laughing at us. He's working from home today and he's afraid of us.

Why is he afraid?

Because we are merciless.

We were going to go on vacation, but we all started getting sick so we changed our plans.

So we are sitting home; each with his or her own box of tissues.

I thought I would do a mid-year assessment of schoolwork before we sat down to watch a Harry Potter movie.

Not a good time to do a mid-year assessment, I know. But there it is.

I asked Bryna where she was in her Teaching Textbooks math.

"Um...I don't remember right now."

And, all at once, we started teasing her for making her nose sound more stuffed up and her throat sound more scratchy.

My husband said he doesn't want to work from home anymore. He says we're too brutal.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you all didn't make it to Boston. Hope everyone is on the mend. At mom and dads, Scott got sick first, then dad, Simon and then mom. We are home now and Joel is getting it...I had mine before the trip! Praying for health!

    ReplyDelete