Sunday, August 22, 2010

My eyesight's not as good as it used to be.

I woke up from my Sunday nap, looked up on my wall where I tacked my definition of Christian Classical Ed. ..."Enabled to see with the eye of the heart"...I had written. I put it there to remind me what I am trying to accomplish with my two youngest children's remaining years of homeschooling.

Then I read some blogs. I read Andrew's at CiRCE. This guy's always talking about attentive perception.

Then I head over to Kiernan's blog where she is talking about wanting to see the world anew.

After I'm done with that, I decide to click on one of the blogs on the right side - presumably the blog of a friend of hers.

Guess what? This girl starts talking about creating vistas to show off the world that we see.

What does Father Stephen want to talk about? This and this.

I begin to think it's a conspiracy. Some would say it's a coincidence. "Don't make more of it than you should," they might say.

My eyeballs are, to use Andrew's words, "cloudy, befogged, dysfunctional." My eyes are fading (after all I'm almost 47.)

But Andrew's not talking about eyeballs, of course, but "seeing things as and for what they are."

I want the eyes of my heart to grow ever clearer, ever more perceptive. And it's clear that others want to see too.

But I'm cautious. My eyes can't take too much truth all at once, or I'll be blinded.

No comments:

Post a Comment