Friday, August 13, 2010

My 27th Anniversary

Today is my 27th wedding anniversary! (I don't know how that can be because inside I still feel 27 years old!)

To my dear husband:

I love you.

You have shown yourself to love me more than anyone else ever has. You've always communicated to me that I am beautiful, talented, intelligent, creative. Even if no one else ever thought so, yours is the opinion that I've learned to trust because you are good and wise. Thank you for doing that for me.

You opened up the world to me - causing me to experience other parts of the country by moving us. I was very resistant to that! But I'm so glad now that we moved a lot. Taking me to England to live, taking me to Scotland, Italy, France. Giving me a week in Ireland with my chosen friend (Kiernan!) for my 40th birthday. Thank you!

You have believed in me and encouraged me in pursuits that bless me and cause me to grow as a person. You believed in my abilities to homeschool our children. Your job kept you away most of the time, and unlike other moms who felt that they could only do it if their husband took on some of the teaching, I always knew that I had your strongest support in my efforts and that made all the difference. Your trust in my ability to homeschool them kept me going when times were tough. And homeschooling our children has proven to be a means that the Lord has used to stretch me and mature me. Now you are supportive of the apprenticeship program that I am doing with CiRCE. Thank you for that.

I love how we've always been on the same page when it comes to all of the really important decisions about our life together, especially concerning raising our children. As we've made choices that others see as 'risky' or controversial, I'm reminded that we are One when others ask, "how does your husband feel about that?" and I can answer, "Oh, he feels the same way about this." I'm so thankful for that.

When I had some health problems you did whatever you could to help me get well again. You did more than your fair share to let me rest and recover. Your protectiveness was a comfort.

Thank you for having four children with me. Thank you for having the last two at home with me. With my labors and deliveries, you were really the only one I wanted around. I felt safest with you.

You have been faithful. You have sacrificed so that your family can have a good life. You have set a great example for our children. You've set the bar really high for our girls when looking at potential future mates! :-)

I'm proud of you for starting your own business (well, our own business :-). I'm proud of you for involving your family in the business - stretching us and teaching us again, for our good!

I love that I can laugh with you! I love all of the private jokes we share. I love the life we share.

Thank you, honey. I look forward to 27 more years...

No comments:

Post a Comment