Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Prayer for All Mothers

Oh, Heavenly Father,
Make me a better parent
Teach me to understand my children
To listen patiently to what they have to say
To answer all their questions kindly
Keep me from interrupting or contradicting them
Make me as courteous to them as I would have them be to me
Forbid that I should ever laugh at their mistakes
Or resort to shame or ridicule when they displease me.

May I never punish them for my own selfish satisfaction or to show my power
Let me not tempt my children to lie or steal
And guide me hour by hour
That I may demonstrate by all I say and do that honesty produces happiness.

Reduce, I pray, the meanness in me
And when I'm out of sorts
Help me, O Lord, to hold my tongue.

Make me fair and just and kind and
Fit, O Lord, to be loved and respected and imitated by my children. Amen.

Amen. Amen.

--slightly abridged...to read it all, get the book, My 40 Day Blessing Book by Christina Kyriacou. :-)

1 comment: